Job Type: Full-time
Blue Ridge Networks is a cybersecurity pioneer that provides patented network security and endpoint security solutions to a wide range of public sector and commercial customers. We’re seeking a highly motivated Senior Sales Engineer with a self-starter mentality to support rapid growth.
The Senior Sales Engineer will work out of our headquarters based in Chantilly, Virginia and will be responsible for presenting our cybersecurity solutions to a diverse audience. In addition, you will be responsible for creating and delivering demonstrations of Blue Ridge Networks products, gathering customer technical requirements, and ensuring the customer evaluation process is executed to a successful conclusion.
You will work closely with customers and reseller agents as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues and will be the customers’ advocate for issues that require assistance from management. You will also work closely with the product management team to provide feedback on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer and channel base and will collaborate with the marketing department to assist with customer-focused sales positioning.
- Deliver product, technology and/or solution presentations to technical and business decision makers which may include system demonstrations, whiteboarding and Q&A sessions to the client
- Gather, understand, and document the customer’s environment and needs and be able to position how our technology meets their needs
- Design, build, and articulate evaluation criteria for proof of concept
- Manage projects from pre-sale to post-sales
- Work with customer, strategic partners, resellers and Blue Ridge Networks team members to deploy cybersecurity solutions for customers and partners
- Collaborate with marketing and product departments to educate on specific market problems and product requirements
- Assist with updating and creating new demonstrations and lab capabilities
- Maintain meticulous notes of sales activities and record within the CRM
- Travel may be required as necessary
- Strong customer relations/engagement skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of audiences; from deeply technical to high executive C-level decision makers (sometimes in the same audience)
- Prior experience selling network-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies, Web Application Firewalls
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, IP Forwarding, Network architectures, and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Experience working with routing and switching products
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a Sales Engineer
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or equivalent degree or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of FIPS and other certifications
- Knowledge of systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network-based security solutions
- A clear understanding of TCP/ IP and Layers 1-4 (OSI Model)
- A clear understanding of Encryption
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker, etc.) desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of Security designs for industrial control systems, such as PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, and radio and satellite telecommunication, as well as common ICS network protocols, such as Modbus, OPC, and DNP3 a plus, but not required
- A thought leader mentality that is willing to serve as a cybersecurity spokesperson on behalf of the company
Qualified applicants should submit both a resume and cover letter.
Blue Ridge Networks, Inc., is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.